Employers at Scotland-based craft beer company BrewDog are giving their 1,000 employees around the world one week’s paid leave when they welcome a new puppy home.
James Watt, BrewDog’s co-founder said:
“It’s not easy trying to juggle work and settle a new dog into your life, and many members of our crew have four-legged friends at home. So we wanted to take the stress out of the situation and let our teams take the time they need to welcome their new puppy or dog into their family.”
At the company’s headquarters based in Aberdeenshire, 50 “office dogs” regularly accompany their humans to work. Employees based around the world are eligible for the puppy perk too.
RedBox Recruitment took a look into Pet Pals at work to discover the benefits of having your fury companion at the office. If you are looking for the top 10 companies to work for that offer the puppy perk, then here they are:
- Nestlé Purina PetCare
- The Nerdery
- Specialized Bicycle
- Procore Technologies
Six benefits to bringing your dog to work:
- Reduces stress
- Brings the team together
- Encourages healthy living (the dog needs to be walked)
- Increased productivity
- Pets won’t have to be left at home alone
- Great marketing opportunity with your company mascot
A few things to consider when bringing your pet to work:
- Make sure that animals are allowed in the building.
- Check that employees are not allergic to or scared of dogs.
- Be sure the dog is trained and will behave.
- Make sure the animal is contained and won’t escape!
- Provide all the necessary food, drink, etc. for the dog.
At RedBox Recruitment, we have our gorgeous Frankie at the office (a blue staffy) and she brightens up our day, every day. We also have some amazing jobs available for an immediate start too! Pooch Power!