Are you looking for a position which requires complete autonomy and the opportunity to make changes & improvements?
Reporting into the Assistant Production Manager you will be responsible for supervising a team of 4/5 warehouse staff, organising and coordinating all aspects of the warehouse function following a practical shop floor-based approach.
Working for an innovative and market leading organisation, this rare and exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary of up to £23/25K + overtime, training, career progression – based in Sturminster Newton.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Team Leader:
- Ensuring the correct products are dispatched on time to the correct destination
- Ensuring that special dispatch instructions are adhered to
- Ensuring products are suitably packaged in accordance with established procedures
- Ensuring all team members work to established dispatch procedures
- Ensuring all team members work to established goods in procedures
- Providing final quality checks before products are dispatched from the company
- Keeping the dispatch area tidy and working in an efficient and safe manner
- Managing stock levels for packaging
- Carrying out basic dispatch and goods receipt tasks when needed
- Training new team members and retraining existing team members as required
- Liaison with the operations and production managers to resolve any issues ahead of time
- Responding to actions generated from audits
- Any other tasks a required to ensure the smooth running of the area
Skills & Characteristics of the Warehouse Team Leader:
- Experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Good team building skills
- Eye for detail
- Willing to work extended hours as required
- Ability to forward plan
- Forklift license is desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary – £11/12 per hour + overtime
- 40 hours per week with overtime paid at 1+1/3
- Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 5.00pm, Fri 8:00am – 2:00pm. (flexible working required)
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing, leading manufacturer
- Career progression