Warehouse Manager – £30 – £32K
Are you a confident, enthusiastic Warehouse / Logistics Manager with experience in leading large teams? This is the perfect time to join a leading creative manufacturer, retailer & wholesaler for prestigious worldwide brands.
Leading a team of 24 (Goods out, Export, Distribution/ Stock / Logistics) you will be working in a busy fast-paced warehouse ensuring cost effective and first-class customer service to the UK and export customers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager; you will be responsible for developing both staff and processes to prepare for increased turnover, growth and overhead control.
This brand-new position offers pro-active environment, career progression &free parking + a competitive salary of £30K – £32K– based in Folkestone, Kent.
The responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager:
- Accountable for the achievement of daily and weekly despatch targets and specific customer compliance specifications through effective team leadership, communication at all levels and a flexible approach
- Accountable for the planning of warehouse requirements and resources through analysis of critical data, inventories and performance
- Responsible for the development and management of resource plans to meet peak sales periods, skills requirements and growth plans. Analyse performance, hours, volume etc and produce reports for senior management.
- Accountable for the recruitment, management, development and support for permanent warehouse staff. Identify opportunities for upskilling teams and highly capable employees and actively developing them to meet individual and company needs. Deal with poor performance by leading, coaching, mentoring and if necessary through ‘difficult’ conversations
- Accountable for warehouse health and safety; particularly cleaning, knife log, conveyor operation, fire safety, first aid and manual handling training. Manage PPM on equipment
- Accountable for managing team consumables and supplier performance such as distribution and logistics providers
- Responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of the business by identifying, recommending and implementing innovative operational efficiencies to working practice and to increase capacity
- Responsible for contributing to a safe, clean and tidy workplace, liaising and assisting teams across the business with their queries, carrying out reasonable management requests to support other teams and tasks
Personal Attributes of the Warehouse Manager:
- Strong Warehouse Management experience
- Experienced leading teams of 20 staff+
- Strong people management skills
- Experience with WMS
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary of £30 – £32K D.O.E
- Free Parking
- 28 days Holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance