Are you a driven, enthusiastic, mechanically minded candidate? Do you want to join a world-renowned Engineering company with an exciting future?
This is a varied, hands on, physical job; you will be responsible for operating moulding machines & ensuring that the necessary equipment and materials are ready to enable parts to be made on time.
This amazing opportunity offers a fun team environment, structured career progression, starting salary of £18k – £20K, Free parking + fantastic company benefits, based in Andover.
Responsibilities of the Trainee Technician:
- Independently, with minimum supervision, load moulds on to the machine arms, charge moulds, and operate different control profiles to produce mouldings.
- Carry out post moulding operations and quality checks.
- Maintain a keen attention to detail – remaining alert to all process variables.
- Work to the Production Plan (and any agreed deviations) ensuring minimum stock level of products are available at all times
- Maintain the moulding machine and troubleshoot associated problems when required.
- Develop the ability to resolve issues and non-conformances arising from the roto-moulding, and post-moulding processes.
- Proactively apply a practical trouble-shooting/problem-solving skill set, to ensure sustainable solutions are implemented to address non conforming product or process inefficiency.
- Assist the development of work instructions and production/quality control documentation for new and current products.
- Maintain Daily Production record sheet and liaise with your Manager on departmental productivity performance.
Personal Attributes of the Trainee Technician:
- Desire to start a career in within Engineering / Manufacturing
- Comfortable using basic hand and power tools
- Ability to read work instructions and drawings
- Physically fit to carry out manual operations including lifting, kneeling, bending , standing for long periods
- Comfortable in a workshop environment
- Fluent English communication skills – both verbal and written
- Manufacturing or Engineering related ONC or NVQ (level 3) preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary £18k
- Structured career progression + pay rises
- World class training on offer
- Free parking
- Monday – Thursday 8am to 5pm & Fridays 8am to 1pm
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per annum to maximum of 25 days holiday.
- After 5 years’ service, holiday increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days.
- Birthday Bonanza – a day off on your birthday, or the nearest weekday in additional to your holiday entitlement.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme (employee 3% / employer 6%)
- 3x salary annual life assurance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Chance to work for a rapidly expanding and world-renowned engineering company.