Are you able to read technical drawings? Would you be confident providing remote technical support to customer and distributors?
Working in a team of 4 UK & Global Technical Support Advisors, you will be responsible for providing clear and technical advice to support onsite equipment issues via phone and email. You will also update documentation and manuals used by both clients and engineers to diagnose, service and maintain equipment in the field.
This opportunity is initially a 6/12 months contract with a view to go perm, offers a friendly team environment, progression opportunities and competitive salary up to £34K, based in Andover.
Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer:
- Providing clear, helpful information and advice to Global Sales Offices, Distributors and customers, to support on site equipment issues primarily via phone and email or other office communication systems, with occasional onsite support where required.
- Update and support the documentation required for all equipment types including new product introduction projects, to enable all engineers including our Distributor Partners and customers to be trained in first line fix to be able to diagnose, service and maintain all equipment in the field.
- Provide feedback on issues with equipment and processes to enable continuous improvement and to feed this into R&D / Quality so that next generation equipment is improved.
- Provide information and advice to customers to solve on site equipment issues.
- Propose technical solutions including parts and actions to be completed.
- Ensure all details of technical case logged on the system in line with processes.
- Assist and advise on technical escalations/queries from the field engineering team.
- Write and update technical bulletins to highlight changes in technical requirements and any other technical documentation to support the business, including but not limited to service documentation, RAMS and instructions.
- Investigate technical issues as appropriate and provide solutions to further the Company with respect to the quality of Service that is provided and ensure that the engineers’ requirements are met by the Service department.
Personal Attributes of the Technical Support Engineer:
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information including mechanical and electrical diagrams remotely.
- Logical and disciplined approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills including a good level of written English.
- Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of quality.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Robust personality with experience of working in a highly pressurised, time bound technical environment and/or a pharmaceutically regulated environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – up to £34K DOE
- 6/12 months contract with a possible view to go permanent
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per annum to maximum of 25 days holiday.
- After 5 years’ service, holiday increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days.
- Birthday Bonanza – a day off on your birthday, or the nearest weekday in additional to your holiday entitlement.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme (employee 3% / employer 6%)
- SimplyHealth cash Plan
- Employee Assistant Programme
- 3x salary annual life assurance.
- Annual appraisal scheme and regular training programme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Chance to work for a rapidly expanding and world-renowned engineering company.