The Solution Architect role involves pre-sales ownership of customer solutions across multiple vendors and technology sets as well as providing a pre-sales central point of contact for nominated technology pillars.
You will be responsible for all customer facing presentations at a high level as well as producing detailed and accurate documentation in terms of customer facing proposals, tender responses, scope of works documentation, high level design documentation etc. This role will have full responsibility for the technical design of proposed solutions and will be the main technical point of contact liaising with customer, vendors, project managers and implementation engineers. As the Solution Architect you will act as a technical design authority for implementation engineers throughout project delivery and as such will be expected to provide on-site guidance or training as required.
This exciting opportunity offers a generous salary of £75k-£85k + benefits + car allowance, progression opportunities, fantastic team atmosphere, free parking – (The company is based in Reading – most of the work will be in the South of England.
Responsibilities of the Solution Architect / Pre-Sales Consultant
- Obtain and maintain basic knowledge of all products and services
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of assigned vendors and related products.
- Obtain and maintain any personal vendor or industry accreditations required for 365IT to maintain their partner status or their status as a leader in the industry.
- Ongoing research of technologies in the industry and market in general in relation to the Solutions Architect’s assigned pillars of expertise.
- Obtain and maintain an understanding of the commercial and technical USPs of competing vendors and technologies.
- Able to analyse, define and document an organisation’s solution architecture in detail
- Identify and understand an organisation’s needs and business requirements by interaction with key personnel.
- Demonstrate a technical understanding across multiple technology pillars whilst being a recognised expert in at least one.
- Able to produce clear documentation including tender responses, customer proposals, technical designs, presentations and scope of works documents
- Able to create clear commercial breakdowns showing all elements that form part of the solution, including Managed Services, Hardware, Software and Professional Services
- Provide advice and consultancy to customers as required
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to implementation engineers as required during project staging and implementation.
- Provide a pre-sales technical point of contact to the sales team for nominated technologies and vendors
- Endeavour to achieve and maintain a trusted expert status with customers
- Build and maintain technical pre-sales relationships with key customer personnel
- Manage responses to sales proposals, tender responses, RFIs, etc., within agreed timescales
- Provide customers with a technical design authority throughout the duration of a project
- Work with project managers to ensure the accurate recording and tracking of all customer related activities
- Continue to pursue self-development through study and practice, including hands-on technical capabilities
- Will be required to work outside of core working hours as necessary
Personal Attributes of the Solution Architect / Pre Sales Consultant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant vendor certifications
- At least two years customer facing experience in a pre-sales role within a systems integration/reseller business.
- Experience creating holistic solutions using Cisco UC and Collaboration platforms
- Experience creating holistic solutions using Enghouse EICC solutions
- Experience creating holistic solutions as a fully managed service
- Experience providing timely, detailed and accurate documentation including proposals and tender/RFx responses
- car owner – this role will involve travel within the South of England.
Whats in it for you?
- Very generous salary £75k – £85k + overtime + Car Allowance
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career opportunties
- Access to further training
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in service – 4x salary
- Pension – match up to 3%
- Bonus Scheme – TBC
- Dress down Fridays
- Employer sponsored volunteering
- Eye tests