Working with a team of Software Engineers you will be primarily focused on supporting the introduction of new products for our market. You will work closely with other Embedded Software engineers locally and with our external outsourced partner to review and support with new product hardware designs, prototypes and releases.
If you want to work with Modern Development Environments in a highly successful company – then this is the role for you!!!! This opportunity offers a friendly/sociable team atmosphere, Salary of circa £50K, free parking + great benefits. Based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Work within a team of software engineers to support .NET CF embedded products written in C# and C/C++
- Tasks include the integration of smartcard, Wi-Fi, cellular and barcode components with native C/C++ APIs into the managed environment
- Work within agile teams, showing understanding of agile mindset and its application in agile techniques
- Actively contribute to improve the quality of both products and services by working in accordance with internal and external quality standards
- Identify system architecture and design options and select the optimum solution.
- Undertake software design reviews and provide guidance to other developers if necessary
- Ability to refine specifications and requirements into a backlog, and present tested, working software in iteration reviews
- Write effective documentation and test processes
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release
- Provide technical sales support for new sales opportunities or initiatives
Skills & Characteristics of the Software Engineer:
- Object Oriented Design and Programming (e.g. UML, Design Patterns, SOLID principles)
- C#/.NET Software Development using the Visual Studio IDE
- Programming for Windows CE/Windows Embedded Compact and use of .NET Compact Framework
- C/C++ Embedded Software Development using the Visual Studio IDE an advantage
- Relevant software engineering degree desirable
- HMI design and implementation an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary circa £50k depending on experience
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 09:00 till 17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- Permanent Position