(£56,400 + 10% bonus with option to buy additional holiday / benefits)
If you are passionate about change, goal orientated and looking for the opportunity to grow your leadership skills within a world renowned Engineering company then this role is for you!
You will be responsible for working at all levels of the business to significantly impact and improve both the culture and the processes involved in Safety, Health and Environment. You will have the unique opportunity to show your knowledge and skills in the introduction of ISO 14001 and 45001. You will report into the Plant manager who will guide and support you using established leadership principles. You will come from a TPM and HPO environment where CAPA, Root cause analysis and continuous improvement was focused on heavily. This is a key role for influencing and taking charge, as well as decision making at the highest level.
This exciting new role offers fantastic benefits; competitive salary, up to £56,400K basic + 15% bonus, career development opportunities, free parking, dental care, early finish Fridays + much more…
Responsibilities of the SHE Manager:
- Leads / manages SHE programs, compliance and results for a smaller business, facility or geography.
- May also manage Center of Excellence programs or processes (i.e., such as personnel safety, industrial hygiene, environmental safety, compliance).
- Works with leaders to identify SHE priorities and programs for the area managed, including performance metrics, communication and change management.
- Implements corporate, regional or divisional policies and programs.
- Gives feedback with regards to changes needed for local compliance, communication or business relevance.
- Develops location or business group specific programs to address local needs.
- Ensures that required monitoring of operations or industrial exposures is in place. Provides technical leadership and functional guidance for health standards promulgated by regulatory authorities.
- Coordinates ECAP and other audits of area managed; works with leadership to ensure findings are addressed.
- Keeps informed on all existing and proposed changes in occupational health and safety regulations and ensures compliance in areas managed.
- Reviews metrics, trends and actions with Leadership team supported
Personal Attributes of the HSE Manager:
- Degree in occupational safety, environmental,
- 8 + years’ experience in field of business.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and implement programs and processes.
- NEBOSH/IOSH, qualified.
- Must have a working knowledge of OHSAS 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems and have the ability to introduce them within our business.
- Professional Membership to IOSH or IIRSM (or working towards)
- The ability to promote and deliver a culture of health and Safety.
- The ability to think creatively and exercise sound judgement in advising on mitigation of risks.
- Personal attributes must include our core characteristics 5E listed above.
- Maintain and promote compliance to all SH&E legislation.
What’s in it for you?
A long-term career within a business that recognises the talent to progress, inclusive of global opportunities
- Competitive salary-£62k package (£56,400 + 10% bonus + benefit purchase options)
- Investment in your training and development
- Pension and Life Insurance benefits
- Monday – Thursday: 8:35am to 5:00pm and Friday: 8:35am to 3:45pm
- 45 mins lunch – total of 37.05hrs per week
- Dental care
- Free parking
- Ethical values that apply to everyone
- Option to choose from a variety of lifestyle benefits such as:
- increasing your holiday allowance
- increasing your life assurance
- purchasing private medical insurance
- purchasing personal travel insurance
- shopping discount