Do you have experience in IP Telecoms? Do you have some knowledge of either, SIP, SS7 (ISUP+SCCP), SBC, SMS, SMSC, SMSG, STP, debugger OR networking components?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing. You will be joining a team of 7 talented telecom and software support engineers who work with cutting-edge software technology that is deployed by leading telecom companies around the world.
Due to continued growth we are looking for a highly capable, adaptable and knowledgeable IP Telecoms Engineer to join the Support Department.
This fantastic opportunity offers a competitive salary of up to £35k, structured career progression, regular pay reviews, free parking + much more, based in Dorchester.
Get in touch today to find out more!
Responsibilities of the Telecoms Engineer:
- The primary purpose of the role will be installing and configuring Squire Technologies unique telecoms solutions and providing technical support and training for these products.
- Providing in-depth technical support, handling and resolving technical issues and investigating escalated support
- Deployments of specialist troubleshooting solutions to help ensure the intricacies of a challenging issue are captured.
- Diagnostic testing and the use of remote tools used to access customers systems for the purpose of troubleshooting and identifying solutions.
- Providing regular customer feedback on cases to manage customer relationships.
- Software patching/Customer upgrades.
- Collaborate with internal teams as required to deliver outstanding levels of service to our clients.
- Performing customer installations of Squire Solutions remotely or onsite where required.
- Detailed documentation of customer installations and handover to support colleagues.
- Providing customer training.
- Providing process improvement where relevant.
Skills & Characteristics of the IP Telecoms Engineer:
- Working experience in IP Telecoms with knowledge of some/all, SIP, SS7 (ISUP+SCCP), SBC, SMS, SMSC, SMSG, STP, debugger, is required.
- Working knowledge of networking components, DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, Telnet, VoIP, VPN, SNMP, IP Routing, and Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP Protocols. Good working knowledge of Linux, and Virtualisation Technology.
- Working knowledge of Scripting/Programming Languages: SQL, Python, Perl, Bash.
- You will have high levels of energy, enthusiasm, motivation, coupled with a logical and structured approach to problem solving; you will be passionate about technology.
- You will be pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Telecoms experience, 1 or 2+ years support experience in fixed line, mobile (3G/4G) or VoIP telecom environments.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary – up to 35K (depending on experience)
- Regular review of performance and pay
- Free parking
- Regular team building activities/ team outings / pub lunch
- Employee specific personal development plan
- Career progression
- Holiday = 25 days + bank holidays
- Monday – Friday (9am – 5:30am)
- Permanent position
- Based in Dorchester – easily accessible by Train / Bus