This In-house design role is working for an industry leader within Arts & Crafts, creating innovative, craft themed collections to excite and inspire!
Working in a rapidly expanding, passionate, team of product designers, you will be the Design Lead, overseeing work through the design studio, working closely with the Product Development Team, Guiding the team of Graphic Designers to ensure the work is delivered on time, to brief and of a high standard. You will research, present, brand and produce high standard designs for products and packaging.
This brand-new position offers a creative, fun team environment, paying circa £28K with free parking – based in Verwood.
The responsibilities of the Senior Graphic Designer:
- Creating designs and style guides for use with packaging, and products
- Producing packaging designs, including box template and cuttings
- Making visual mock ups of new packaging designs, both digitally and physically
- Adhere to the deadlines and briefs set out by the Product Development Team
- Aiding the Design Studio Manager to foresee and help solve any issues regarding the schedule and deadlines
- Creatively direct / manage the Graphic Designers guiding them through projects
- Demonstrate / Explaining technical knowledge of art working, design and processes to more junior designers.
- Ability to understand a brief comprehensively and relate this to brief in other designers if necessary
- Assist the Product Development Mangers with artwork approvals, to ensure accurate, consistent and well-designed products are delivered on time
- To assist when required in the planning and delivery of storyboards, samples, POS etc.
Personal Attributes of the Senior Graphic Designer:
- Comprehensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite is essential (with an emphasis on Illustrator)
- Artworking experience and technical skills (experience with far east suppliers would be beneficial)
- A proven track record within the design industry (which includes graphic design, textiles design, print design)
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand target audiences
- A willingness to go the extra mile, a driven team player
- Demonstrate enthusiasm with a can-do attitude
- Experience in creating pattern and working with repeat designs would be advantageous
- Experience with working with licensed artwork would also be advantageous but not essential
- Interest in arts and crafts
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary of circa £28K
- Mon – Thurs 9.00am– 5.15pm Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Team nights out
- Free Parking
- 28 days Holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Creative, flexible working environment