We are looking for a proactive sales professional with experience selling capital equipment into the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector? This is a home-based role covering south of M4 Corridor such as South Wales, Glouc, Oxford, Bucks, Beds & East Anglia!
Working for a world-renowned manufacturing company based in Andover, this fantastic opportunity offers incredible earning potential – This rare sales position comes with no threshold and unlimited commission for those who are used to exceeding targets!!!
+ £6K car allowance OR Car and amazing company benefits – see below for all the details!!!
Responsibilities of the Sales Manager:
- Daily direct selling on defined territory for the Life Science product portfolio, with a mix of cold calling and appointments.
- To meet or exceed agreed sales targets by sustaining the current level of business with existing customers and identifying new sales opportunities in order to increase levels of business activity and revenue.
- Profiling of key accounts identified within territory, information gathering and qualification of the key end users (purchasing, safety officers, lab managers, contract managers, projects managers etc) leading to SWOT analyses of accounts.
- Management of all aspects of account, including customer sales and liaison with the Project Manager to ensure a complete solution is offered. The Sales Manager is the main interface between the Company and the customer. A considerable level of commercial astuteness and sales expertise is required for effective negotiation. Feedback and follow up, to both customer and Company is extremely important in helping to establish long term relationships with each account.
- Exhibition/conference attendance, organization of seminars, demonstrations
- Weekly call plan submission and effective diary management.
- To ensure the CRM data is entered accurately and kept up to date after every call or customer communication.
- Monthly forecast of orders to be received during the coming month to Line Manager by first of month.
- Arrange for Project Manager to liaise with architects’ builders and end users regarding capital projects
- Arrange Site surveys/audits for products and services
Personal Attributes of the Sales Manager:
- Successful track record of selling capital products with a consultative approach
- Proficient in dealing with complex sales cycles
- Ability to take a tenacious approach in ensuring that realistic customer requirements are met
- Experienced in liaising with internal departments as required to meet deadlines
- Effective organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals.
- Willingness to travel extensively
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £40K Basic + uncapped commission
- Car allowance of £6,200 OR company vehicle
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per annum to maximum of 25 days holiday.
- After 5 years’ service, holiday increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days.
- Birthday Bonanza – a day off on your birthday, or the nearest weekday in additional to your holiday entitlement.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme (employee 3% / employer 6%)
- SimplyHealth cash Plan
- Employee Assistant Programme
- 3x salary annual life assurance.
- Annual appraisal scheme and regular training programme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Chance to work for a rapidly expanding and world-renowned engineering company.
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Compounding, Research & Laboratory, Biotechnology & Drug Development, Cell & Gene Therapy