Working in a diverse team of purchasing & buying professionals, you will ensure external Supplier Deliveries are aligned with the operational requirements across multiple customer programmes being a critical function of the role expectations.
Working for a prestigious company, in fantastic modern purpose-built offices; this opportunity offers a highly competitive salary of up to £30K, early finish on Fridays & Free Parking– Based in Bournemouth.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing / Supplier Coordinator;
- Ensure external Supplier Deliveries are aligned with the operational requirements across multiple customer programmes being a critical function of the role expectations.
- Be the key supply chain focal contact for all manufacturing needs, ensuring delivery information is communicated daily on the line walks across two sites.
- To manage supplier performance for delivery requirements, resolving processes and complexity problems within the external supplier chain ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Co-ordination of the supplier(s) regular order books maintaining accurate and achievable delivery commitments against set targets.
- To co-ordinate part-based delivery schedules from the buying team that meet the MRP schedules set out in the master-schedule.
- Running system programme reports, summarising supplier shortage status.
- Ability to summarise and forecast purchase shortages based on information generated taking action where supply and demand does not match.
- Maintain on-time delivery expectations from circa 500 different suppliers from different geographically locations.
Personal Attributes of the Purchasing / Supplier Coordinator;
- Purchasing process knowledge
- Experience of working with MRP and Business reports
- Load and capacity and production planning principles
- Supplier performance management
- Supplier negotiations skills
- Management of the supplier Order Book preparation, distribution and commitment acceptance of a doable delivery schedule
- Confident & Strong Character
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – up to £30K
- Hours: 8.00am till 4.30 pm – Finish at 1pm on Fridays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Canteen Facilities
- Brand new purpose built building
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Closed at xmas