We are looking for a motivational Manager with experience in Vendor Management, Project Management & Data Analysis!
Working for an extremely successful, leading global manufacturing company who engineer high quality products across a variety of industries; this role involves managing a team of 2 reporting into the Supply Chain Manager taking full responsibility of all Purchasing activities.
This exciting new opportunity offers a professional, friendly atmosphere, ½ day Fridays, free parking & excellent salary of circa £40K, based in Poole/ Bournemouth.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager:
- To lead purchasing activities and take the people and processes to the next level of world class manufacturing
- To deploy his / her managerial skills to provide leadership for the team, particularly with respect to improving processes, driving down cost, inventory and waste while improving material availability
- Reviewing, Maintaining and improving KPI’s and deploying visible measures of performance
- Working closely with the Supply Chain Manager and your peers to share “best practice” and identify key opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for all Purchasing activities
Personal Attributes of the Purchasing Manager:
- Able to demonstrate people management skills and can demonstrate experience of leading people and managing teams
- Vendor Management (Relationship, Contracts & Negotiations)
- Project Management
- Data Analysis (Demand / forecasting, stock levels, budget vs spend)
- Experience of purchasing materials for engineering/manufacturing an advantage
- A good knowledge of ERP/MRP is also an advantage
- MCIPS qualified or working towards is a distinct advantage
What’s in it for you? :
- Salary of circa £40K
- Free Car Parking
- 37.5 hour week (8.00am to 5.00pm Mon –Thur & 8.00 to 12.30 Fridays)
- Xmas shut down
- 31 days holiday (including bank holiday)