Join a highly successful smart home innovations business (part of a leading FTSE 250 company) providing products, technology & finance – This business is experiencing considerable growth over the coming months together with new products due to be launched next year, so there could not be a more exciting time to join this Bournemouth based company!
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager with a proactive, solutions-seeking mindset to join our team in Bournemouth. You will take responsibility for the day-to-day operational management of our purchasing function and play an instrumental role in driving improvements within the purchasing function.
Responsibilities of our Purchasing Manager
- Oversee the purchasing function within the business and take lead responsibility for raising purchase orders, internally and externally;
- Become an expert in the products installed by the company, associated parts and additions customers can order, providing advice and support to operational teams;
- Ensure the smooth operation of purchasing and delivery processes and taking proactive steps to make improvements;
- Effectively communicate with customers by phone and email as necessary as part of delivering the purchasing function of the business as well as installation engineers;
- Proactively manage delivery and logistics functions and liaise with customers and suppliers as needed;
- Support the installation and scheduling teams to ensure installations proceed as planned and address any purchasing issues that may arise on the day of installation;
- Process purchase orders for field engineers that require parts in order to complete installations and repairs;
- Proactively review purchasing processes and make improvement recommendations, implementing changes effectively and efficiently;
- Support stock management and the management of the warehouse;
- Manage supplier performance to required quality, cost and delivery requirements, resolving process and complexity problems within the external supplier chain and that they are resolved in a timely manner;
- To actively work with the external supply chain to achieve the best buying terms and conditions with the most competitive price possible;
- Maintain procurement documents and procedures in a systematic way and in an audible fashion ensuring process compliance;
The Ideal Candidate
- Is a subject matter expert in purchasing with at least 3 years experience;
- Experience in a customer facing role and confident in communicating with customers over the phone and by email;
- Builds good rapport with suppliers;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Confident reporting to Director & Board level.
- An ability to empathise with the customer, understand their situation whilst remaining aware of the business needs;
- A passion for enhancing the customer experience and implementing improvements;
- Excellent customer engagement skills;
- Commercial acumen and effective decision making;
- Empathetic and work well with people;
- Hands-on and solve problems when you spot them;
What’s in it for you?
- Performance related pay reviews;
- Excellent progression opportunities across the business as we expand;
- Ongoing personal development;
- Early probation for employees who excel;
- Being a part of an expanding company;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- 28 Days annual leave entitlement (including Bank Holidays).