Taking complete autonomy of the Purchasing & Procurement function, you will be required to have a hands-on/lead-by-example approach together with the ability to build strong supplier relationships. This role reports directly into the MD and the board of Directors!
Working for a highly successful heating organisation who have recently partnered with one of the UK’s award-winning utilities FTSE 250 companies. This business is experiencing considerable growth over the coming months so there could not be a more exciting time to join this Bournemouth based company!
Responsibilities of the Purchasing & Procurement Manager:
- To operate and carry out purchasing business processes across company in line with local policies and procedures.
- To manage supplier performance to required quality, cost and delivery requirements, resolving process and complexity problems within the external supplier chain and that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- To actively work with the external supply chain to achieve the best buying terms and conditions with the most competitive price possible.
- Be the supplier(s) account owner and conduct regular order book reviews maintaining accurate and achievable delivery commitments against set targets.
- Carry out supplier selection assessments against set criteria ensuring balanced sourcing decisions are able to cope with the demands of a fast paced and changing customer business.
- Maintain procurement documents in a systematic way and in an audible fashion ensuring process compliance.
- To create cost improvement ideas with the external vendor base turning them into implemented cost improvement plans delivering year on year cost reduction.
Skills & Characteristics of the Purchasing & Procurement Manager:
- Proven Purchasing or Procurement experience
- Builds good rapport with suppliers
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Confident reporting to MD & Board level
What’s in it for you?
As well as working within a relaxed and fun environment, you will also benefit from the following:
- Competitive salary of circa £35K+
- Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am til 5pm
- Free onsite parking
- Pay reviews based upon excellent performance;
- Early probation for employees who excel;
- Personal development and progression;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- 28 Days annual leave entitlement (including Bank Holidays);
- Regular social / team bonding activities, such as BBQ’s on the beach,
Football team and nights out paid for by the MD!