As an integral part of the procurement team, you will be responsible for the raising and expediting of purchase orders to suppliers/subcontractors, plus any other duties deemed appropriate by your supervisor/manager. You will also be expected to take an active role in the continuous improvement of quality, products and procedures within the purchasing department.
Working for a successful manufacturing company with a strong family feel, this brand-new Purchasing Assistant role offers a friendly team environment, salary of up to £26k, 4-day week –Free Parking & flexible working hours& early finish on Fridays – Based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant:
- Create purchase orders from our list of approved suppliers using our in-house system
- Expedite orders to maintain delivery schedules.
- To ensure that at all times work is carried out to the highest standards, and in a timely manner, in accordance with company procedures.
- To develop good working relationships within own section supplier/subcontractors.
- To take an active role in company initiatives such as continuous improvement, quality initiatives and new manufacturing systems and processes as they are introduced
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies
- To carry out any other tasks requested within capability.
Personal Attributes of Purchasing Assistant:
- Strong administrative skills preferably gained in a similar role
- Accurate data entry, good working knowledge of Excel essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Problem solver and logical thinker
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritise your workload
- A good understanding of MRP systems an advantage
- The ability to work as part of a team is important
- You should also be reliable, able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness to take on a variety of tasks, new methods and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – up to £26k
- Flexible working hours –choose your start time from 5:30am – 8am
- Monday – Thursday (8 hour days) and Friday finish at 1:30pm
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- 190 hours holiday (holiday can be booked by the hour)