Purchasing Coordinator – Salary £25K
Do you have exceptional administration skills within a manufacturing/engineering environment? Are you a strong confident communicator? This is the perfect chance for an enthusiastic/driven administrator to join a Market leading, innovative, high quality manufacturer.
Working within a busy purchasing team of 10, you will be responsible for communicating with suppliers and internal stake holders to ensure that all critical deliveries arrive on time. He or she will also be required to report any pending delivery delays to project management
Working for a prestigious company, in fantastic modern purpose-built offices; this opportunity offers a highly competitive salary of up to £25K, early finish on Fridays, career progression & Free Parking– Based in Bournemouth.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Coordinator;
- Run appropriate reports in the ERP system to identify material need dates and forecast.
- Develop and maintain a follow up system to ensure timely responses from vendors.
- Cancel, delay or expedite deliveries as forecast or orders require
- Update purchase orders in our ERP system with correct delivery dates after confirmation from the vendor(s).
- Work closely with the purchasing department to expedite or delay materials as needed.
- Process a full range of reporting within the EVOLUTION manufacturing system.
- Provide a daily list to the Materials Manager of all major/critical items not in compliance with our need dates.
- Update manufacturing system with latest delivery information.
- Maintain manually controlled excel reporting process.
Personal Attributes of the Purchasing Coordinator;
- Good level of standard education.
- Experience in manufacturing, purchasing or an expediting environment.
- Experience in written and oral communication.
- Good understanding with problem solving techniques.
- Strong organisational skills and must be organised.
- Supplier performance management.
- Proficiency in MS office tools. In particular Microsoft excel.
- Strong influential skills and ability to negotiate successfully both internally and externally.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – £25K
- Hours: 8.00am til 4.30 pm – Finish at 1pm on Fridays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- Canteen Facilities
- Brand new purpose built building
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Closed at xmas