Are you experienced with the full lifecycle of a project within a Software/Solutions/Engineering environment? This is the perfect chance for an experienced Project Manager to join a market leading engineering/solutions company with a global client base.
You will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers/developers on complex retailing systems. You will ensure that all aspects of the project are executed in the most efficient and profitable manner, therefore an understanding of technical/software terminology is required.
This opportunity offers a competitive salary £45 – £50K, + Car, Free Parking, based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Identify project objectives, scope, deliverables and measures of success
- Act as the main point of contact with the customer for all project matters
- Prepare Project Initiation Documents
- Prepare effort and timescale estimates for project activities
- Prepare and maintain the Project Plan and ensure that the project is delivered on time
- Identify any variation from plan and take corrective action
- Liaise with Accounts, prepare and maintain the Project P&L Sheet and Cash Flow and ensure that the project achieves or exceeds its margins and cash flow targets. Identify any deterioration of margin or cash flow position and take corrective action.
- Prepare project information and written reports as required, including a monthly Project Report.
- Maintain a project issues register and ensure that action is taken to address issues
- Maintain a project risk register and ensure action is taken to mitigate risks
- Ensure project resources are in place to deliver the project
- Manage a cross functional project team ensuring that each team member understands their role, the activities assigned to them, the deliverables expected from them and the timescales available to them
- Negotiate contract variations and other project changes with the customer and secure additional work at good margins
- Oversee acceptance testing and ensure the system leaves the factory in accordance with the requirements
- Ensure the system is installed and operating to specification
Personal attributes of the Project Manager:
- The Project Manager will need to have experience of the whole project lifecycle from bidding to warranty support and will have a professional, technical background
- Previously managed projects which include substantial hardware and software development.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong commercial skills
- Understanding of electronics and computer systems
- Excellent time management and working to deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary £45 – £50K depending on experience + CAR
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 09:00 till 17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- Permanent Position