Are you an experienced Project Manager (electronics) available immediately for this Fixed Term Contract?
Working for an extremely successful, reputable manufacturing company who engineer high quality products for the military sector; you will be responsible for seeing a specific project through its lifecycle – liaising with production, engineering, & supply teams together with the customer.
This is a 5 month fixed term contract offering: Immediate start, Negotiable salary (depending on experience), free parking & flexi-time based in Poole!!! Please apply now to find out more…
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- To undertake the Project Management of specific contracts
- To be the principle point of contact between the customer and the company for specific projects, actively participating and directing in the preparation of deliverables in accordance with specific contract terms.
- To manage projects in order to achieve the project objectives for time, cost and quality requirements.
- To efficiently and effectively manage new and existing contracts, liaising with customers to maximize the business potential of the company products and services. Ensure adherence to contractual obligations, deadlines and budgeted costs, recognising the need to balance the requirements of the company with those of the customer.
- To be responsible for the preparation and delivery of documentation and deliverables in accordance with contract requirements working in association with Engineering staff or other areas of the company as required.
- To act as a principal point of contact, both internally and with the customer, on project related matters. To be responsible for the commercial management of contracts, monitoring and managing the adherence of financial objectives.
- Undertake regular formal documented reviews of contracts reporting or presenting the contract progress and adherence to meeting the estimates.
- To coordinate and compile contract specific records and documentation as required and applicable to the specific contract requirements.
- Provide regular project-specific budget, cost, schedule and milestone information in order to assist with the preparation of programme and business-level reporting. This may include reporting to senior management where necessary.
- To set, observe & re-evaluate project priorities and needs; adjust as necessary to meet business unit needs.
- Utilise to best effect, standard project management tools and practices. To use the same effective contract structure across all projects. To adopt a continuous improvement attitude to aid the improvement of existing tools and practices.
Personal attributes of the Project Manager:
- Experience in project planning, implementation and management.
- Good understanding of project scope, cost, quality, risk, time and procurement management.
- Good understanding of the commercial aspects of projects such as contracts, supply chain and finance.
- Basic understanding of electronics and manufacturing.
- The candidate will be expected to have a strong basic education or relevant experience with an emphasis on communication or human interaction can be demonstrated.
- Computer literacy is essential with proficiency in the use of MS Office, Excel and MS Project.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – up to £60k depending on experience
- Fixed Term Contract (possible this could be extended)
- Free Parking