Do you want to work for a highly successful, forward thinking UK manufacture? Are you an enthusiastic worker with an outstanding work ethic keen to train within an engineering environment?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business with a strong future. The successful candidate will be an energetic team player who has the flexibility to handle a range of tasks and demands typical for a small company. We are looking for good organisation, attention to detail and a natural desire to complete a task in full. An ability to manage time efficiently and prioritise will be important.
This exciting new opportunity offers a friendly team, excellent training, salary of £17,000, based in Verwood.
Responsibilities of the Production Worker:
- As a member of the Production Team to produce products to the requisite quality standard in line with the production schedule and associated drawings/specifications.
- Following procedures for setting up automated, semi-automated and single use welding machines, as well as feeding back any changes to the set-up parameters to ensure consistency of product quality.
- Support all aspects of ‘Secondary Manufacturing Operations’, including pneumatic & manual fly-presses, thread tapping machines and other low-level sub-assembly processes.
- To make sure that production materials and machines are used safely and efficiently.
- To minimise any waste of resources, such as materials, consumables and time.
- To make constructive observations and suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- To support and maintain lean and 5S housekeeping activities.
- To support the goods receipt and despatch functions of the business as and when required.
Personal Attributes of the Production Worker:
- Good IT & Maths skills
- Heavy Lifting ability
- Can work well within a diverse team
- Reliable hard worker
- Has good dexterity (loading machines with components to a pre-set ‘takt’ time)
- Is willing to embrace change
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering/LEAN environment an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP and/or MRP an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £17K
- Hours =Mon–Thu= 8am – 4:15am and Friday 8am-3pm
- Fantastic working environment
- Possible career progression opportunities
- Excellent training
- 20 days holiday, increasing by 1 per year up to 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Location = Verwood