This is an excellent opportunity to join a business with a strong future. The successful candidate will be an energetic team player who has the flexibility to handle a range of tasks and demands typical for a small company. We are looking for good organisation, attention to detail and a natural desire to complete a task in full. An ability to manage time efficiently and prioritise will be important.
This exciting new opportunity offers a friendly team, excellent training, salary of £18,740, based in Verwood.
Responsibilities of the Production Worker:
- To support and maintain Lean Manufacturing waste reduction principles and standards. 5S, KANBAN, ANDON etc…
- Pro-actively contribute to the company’s sustainability goals.
- To make constructive observations and suggestions to improve efficiencies.
- Work under the guidance of the production supervisor to perform and complete all assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To produce products to the required quality standard in line with the production schedule and associated drawings/specifications.
- Following procedures for setting up automated, semi-automated and single use welding machines. As well as all aspects of ‘Secondary’ manufacturing operations.
Personal Attributes of the Production Worker:
- Good IT & Maths skills
- Heavy Lifting ability
- Can work well within a diverse team
- Reliable hard worker
- Has good dexterity (loading machines with components to a pre-set ‘takt’ time)
- Is willing to embrace change
- Experience within a manufacturing/engineering/LEAN environment an advantage
- Knowledge of SAP and/or MRP an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £18,740pa
- Hours =Mon–Thu= 8am – 4:15am and Friday 8am-3pm
- Fantastic working environment
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Work wear provided (T-Shirt)
- Team building activities
- Excellent training
- 20 days holiday, increasing by 1 per year up to 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Free Parking
- Location = Verwood