(£60k basic + 15% bonus with option to buy additional holiday / benefits)
Do you have a proven track record of process improvements together with TPM and LEAN introduction? If you have extensive knowledge in Operational Leadership and want to join a world-renowned Engineering company – we want to hear from you!
You will be responsible for managing the operations of all assembly departments (between 20–50 staff) ensuring production meets the goals of product quality, cost effectiveness, safe conditions and customer satisfaction.
This exciting new role offers fantastic benefits; Competitive salary, up to £60K basic + 15% bonus, career development opportunities, free parking, dental care, early finish Fridays + much more…
Responsibilities of the Production Manager:
- Transforming your department and influencing all other departments towards a TPM culture and a High Performing Organisation (HPO)
- You will drive initiatives in your department such as 5S, 5Y, Gemba, Kaizen, BSD, Quality Alerts.
- You will be responsible for the safety, performance and quality of your team and you will measure, monitor and improve on these cultures periodically.
- As a key member of the senior leadership team within the supply chain department you are responsible your teams’ safety and wellbeing, and you will lead by example in all areas of Safety within the business.
- Improve your team’s working conditions, UEP and quality by driving Gemba, 5S, 5Y etc.
- Working with the production team coaches, ensure that all production requirements are met and customer KPIs are maintained / improved upon.
- Ensure the highest levels of 5S line with the Lean / TPM philosophy and ensure that safe working practices are fully integrated into the daily activities.
- Lead a culture of HPO by carrying out HPO designated tasks and training to support and encourage a servant leader mentality.
Personal Attributes of the Production Manager:
- 5-8 years extensive knowledge in
- Operational leadership / management
- TPM / Lean introduction
- Process improvement, Kaizen, 5S, CAPA, RCA, Cost Down
- Budgeting and capacity planning.
- A strong leader with documented leadership qualifications.
- Ability to motivate and communicate at all levels throughout the business.
- Positive and proactive, taking ownership of issues whilst working under pressure, and to tight timescales.
- A degree in electromechanical engineering or equivalent
- Documented leadership qualification with a proven track record.
- Experience of EFACS/E8 and SAP would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of Lean / TPM principles and their application within engineering and manufacturing including: FMEA, 5S, Kanban, VMS, 8 D, and Kaizen
What’s in it for you?
You have the chance to work for an inspirational engineering company making revolutionary products that really can make a difference to people’s lives.
- Competitive salary – up to £60k + 15% bonus + 4% Flex fund
- Monday – Thursday: 8:35am to 5:00pm and Friday: 8:35am to 3:45pm
- 45 mins lunch – total of 37.05hrs per week
- Dental care
- Free parking
- Ethical values that apply to everyone
- Option to choose from a variety of lifestyle benefits such as:
- increasing your holiday allowance
- increasing your life assurance
- purchasing private medical insurance
- purchasing personal travel insurance
- shopping discounts