Reporting direct into the Associate Production Director you will be responsible for guiding the evolution of the Production Facilities and Systems of a rapidly growing company. This will include managing development projects related to new facilities or plant, assisting in continuous improvement initiatives, the development of robust Health & Safety systems and procedures and development of Standard Operating Procedures.
Working for an innovative and market leading organisation, this rare and exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary of up to £34K, training, career progression – based in Sturminster Newton.
Responsibilities of the Production Development Engineer:
- Development Projects – Support the Production Managers in planning and implementing projects for continuing development of the Production Centres such as setting up new locations & existing facilities changes and enhancements
- Support the Production Managers in implementing process improvements into manufacture
- Integrate Old Production Systems into new IT System
- Organising existing procedural documentation (e.g. SOPs, Risk Assessments, OLM Procedures, PPM Procedures, Quality Standards) into easily accessible format, updating as required and generating new documentation when necessary
- Develop, Implement and Maintain Health and Safety Systems & Procedures within the Production Centres
- Communicate H&S initiatives to the work force
- Ensure that all H&S requirements are being adhered to throughout the Production Centres
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the company from an organisation perspective
Skills & Characteristics of the Production Development Engineer:
- Experienced in Manufacturing/Engineering environment
- Experience within a LEAN environment is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of H& S Processes
- Energetic, Dynamic and highly organised
- Desire to work within a varied & demanding role
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary – up to £34K
- Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 5.00pm, Fri 6:00am – 12:00pm. (flexible)
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing, leading manufacturer
- Career progression