Working in a positive & dynamic team of approx. 15 you will be the primary technical interface to the client and ensures that all of the technical deliverables are successful. This varied role covers the entire project lifecycle, from requirements through design, delivery, acceptance and handover
The product owner will provide leadership to on-site and off-shore software development teams in an Agile environment to deliver fit for purpose solutions to the agreed roadmap. The product owner will work with Business Analysts to ensure the “user story pipeline” is sufficient to maintain several parallel software development streams
If you want to work with Modern Development Environments, in a highly successful company, then this could be the role for you with a salary of up to £50K, free parking & excellent benefits – based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the Product Owner:
- Manage and Prioritise backlog including managing the change process.
- Build, manage and communicate roadmaps for the delivery pipeline
- Co-ordinate feature delivery roadmaps with other product owners
- Understand importance of business priority and reflect in the backlog priority
- Lead Agile Refinement, Planning and Review ceremonies.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the team during the sprint to review ongoing work and provide clarification on sprint items.
- Delivery to the customer.
- Work alongside of other PO’s to align feature delivery
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached with development features
- Assist in the preparation of project technical documents to support handover to Customer Support teams. Support Knowledge Transfer to Customer Support teams
- Support pre-sales activity as required
- Work with integration team so that end to end scenarios are understood and tested accordingly.
- Attend customer meetings as required
- Oversee factory and site acceptance tests
Skills & Characteristics of the Product Owner:
- Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or other engineering or scientific field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience of working in an Agile Environment as a Product Owner and managing a backlog
- Proven experience of liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the right solution is being delivered.
- Understanding of high availability web systems would be advantageous
- Proven experience of liaising with customers on complex technical projects
- Proven experience of controlling change of scope in the backlog using change management processes.
- Experience of deconstructing complex functional requirements into epics and user stories for delivery in parallel by multiple software development teams
- Experience of defining user stories and supporting acceptance criteria
- Experience of backlog creation using Jira and TFS tools
- Experience of working alongside software development teams supporting Agile ceremonies such as Sprint Planning
- Experience of working with software teams developing integrated Cloud, Back-Office and Embedded solutions
- Experience of working with development teams that utilise CI/Test Automation
- The whole project lifecycle from gathering customer requirements and design, to system delivery and acceptance
- Providing technical inputs to the bid processes and track record of managing the delivery of technical solutions
- Experience of dealing with high profile customers to delivery highly complex systems
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary of up to £35k – £50K depending on experience
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 09:00 till 17:30 Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- Permanent Position
- Free tea & coffee AND Fresh Fruit