Do you have a passion for product Design & Development together with a knowledge of 3D Modelling software such as Inventor/SolidWorks/AutoCAD?
Reporting into the Directors and working alongside an experienced team, you will be responsible for assisting the development of new/existing mechanical products.
Working for an innovative and market leading organisation, this rare and exciting opportunity offers a competitive salary of up to £26K, training, career progression, based in Buckland Newton.
Responsibilities of the Product Design Engineer:
- Undertaking projects to develop new products or product variants paying attention to the commercial and manufacturability aspects of the design.
- Undertaking projects to improve existing product designs from a performance, commercial and manufacturability perspective.
- Working within a flexible team of development engineers on multiple products and/or projects.
- Ensuring that designs comply to relevant standards and working towards obtaining relevant certifications where applicable.
- Undertaking any testing required to determine performance or ensure compliance of the products.
- Creating any required technical documentation in support of new or revised designs.
- Liaising with other departments as required to accomplish the above points.
Personal Attributes of the Product Design Engineer:
- Educated to Degree level (or near equivalent) within the relevant sector.
- Experience in Inventor (or similar 3D Modelling software) would be an advantage.
- A good communicator, problem solver capable of generating ideas to solve design issues.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and e-mails.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary up to £26K
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing, leading manufacturer
- Career progression
- Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 5.00pm, Fri 8:00am – 2:00pm.