£10.57ph – £12.98ph + 17% shift allowance (£22k – £27k (DOE) + 17% shift allowance!!!)
You will need to be physically fit as there is lots of manual work involved, climbing up & down steps & operating large equipment. Full training will be provided – all you need is the right work ethic & a positive attitude.
Now is the chance to join a rapidly expanding and world-renowned Engineering/Manufacturing company. This brand-new opportunity offers a friendly team environment, training and career progression. There is an in-house Training Programme with a clear career progression plan together with regular pay increases. After 12 months in this role, you will get an instant pay increase of £3k!!!
We are looking for a Machine Operator, you will report directly Shift Leader and will be required to maintain the production schedule producing highly complex moulded parts to the required quality standards as defined within our quality protocols.
The role would suit a health & energetic person who has the desire and capability to take a lead role in delivering and improving the department’s contribution to the success of the wider business. Consequently, opportunities for further career progression and personal growth exist for the successful applicant.
Monday – Friday: 6:00am to 2:30pm Following Week 2:30pm to 11pm rotating weekly
30 mins lunch – total of 40hrs per week
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator:
- Provide support for a wide range of technical issues relating to the production of moulded parts through the Roto Moulding process and the associated post-moulding activities.
- You will be responsible for the general maintenance of the moulds/tools and machines, as specified in the preventative maintenance schedule, and further ensure that we have the necessary equipment and materials to enable parts to be made on time.
- Good communication skills and flexibility are just as important as the hard skills.
- Work independently, with minimum supervision, load moulds on to the machine arms, charge moulds, and operate different control profiles to produce mouldings.
- Carry out post moulding operations and quality checks.
- Maintain a keen attention to detail – remaining alert to all process variables.
- Work to the Production Plan (and any agreed deviations) ensuring minimum stock level of products are always available
- Maintain the moulding machine and troubleshoot associated problems when required.
- Develop the ability to resolve issues and non-conformances arising from the roto-moulding, and post-moulding processes.
- Proactively apply a practical troubleshooting/problem-solving skill set, to ensure sustainable solutions are implemented to address non-conforming product or process inefficiency.
- Assist the development of work instructions and production/quality control documentation for new and current products.
- Maintain Daily Production record sheet and liaise with your Shift Leader on departmental productivity performance.
- Apply a flexible approach to ensure all manufacturing cycles and phases are completed and not left unattended. This may at time require flexibility around tea breaks and lunch breaks and could, in some instances, require overtime at short notice.
- Good dexterity and eyesight.
- Ability to lift 20kg easily.
- Experience of plastic moulding processes advantageous
- Able to work on own initiative
- Comfortable in a shop floor environment
- Fluent English communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good eyesight & very keen attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
You have the chance to work for an inspirational engineering company making revolutionary products that really can make a difference to people’s lives.
You will also receive:
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 in the next financial year
- 3 additional £1,000 increases on your base salary, based on the successful completion of each of the three staged training programmes, typically 3, 6 & 12 months after your employment begins.
- An excellent contributory pension scheme (employee 3%, employer 7%)
- Salary based life insurance 3 x income
- Childcare vouchers
- Birthday off
- An annual appraisal scheme and regular training programme