Are you a self-motivated, energetic Microbiologist with hands on experience? Are you looking for a brand-new exciting opportunity? You do NOT want to miss this…
Working in your own fully equipped laboratory within the R&D department of a world-renowned company you will develop a new range of products used in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, life science and defence industries.
This amazing opportunity offers a fun team environment, structured career progression, starting salary £25k, Free parking + fantastic company benefits, based in Andover.
Responsibilities of the Microbiologist:
- Investigating various published protocols to develop a research plan.
- Laboratory-based investigation of existing, modified and novel protocols for the production and testing of biological products.
- Assessing the performance of different production methods.
- Creating full auditable validation documentation
Characteristics & skills of the Microbiologist:
- Degree in microbiology or closely related subject.
- Recent hands on laboratory experience including:
- Identification to species level
- Aseptic techniques
- Total viable counts
- An independent researcher, which excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Clear, concise written and oral communication.
- The ability to communicate complex scientific information to non-scientists.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £25k + annual appraisal scheme and regular training programme
- After 5 years’ service, holiday increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days.
- Birthday Bonanza – a day off on your birthday, or the nearest weekday in additional to your holiday entitlement.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme (employee 3% / employer 6%)
- SimplyHealth cash Plan
- Employee Assistant Programme
- 3x salary annual life assurance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Chance to work for a rapidly expanding and world-renowned engineering company.