Do you have Plastic moulding design experience? Do you have design experience using detailed 3D CAD software? This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who wishes to contribute and grow in this position with a clear & structured career path.
Working within a team of Design Engineers you will be responsible for all stages of mechanical product development ensuring products are designed and manufactured to required standards and regulations.
This brand-new opportunity offers a salary of £36K – £48K D.O.E, progression opportunities, fantastic team atmosphere, Free Parking – based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Mechanical and detailed design of products, modules and parts.
- Ensure technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts.
- Take technical product ownership
- Generate and deliver high quality manufacturing data packs including, detailed and assembly drawings, manufacturing data and Bill of materials.
- Consistently plan and deliver work within agreed timescales and to budget.
- To be able to self-organise and work in a structured manner; design, develop and fully test a system implementation from a set of requirements.
- Liaise with internal customers to fully understand their project requirements.
- To be able to lead and review design documentation.
- Undertake and participate in hardware design reviews.
- Demonstrate product requirements are met from system design through development and system testing to customer acceptance.
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release.
- Support the preparation of customer quotations and tender responses.
- Liaise with other UK Engineering teams, project delivery, sales, marketing and service, including customer site attendance as and when required.
Personal Attributes of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Plastic moulding tool design
- Mechanical design experience using 3D CAD software
- Creo a distinct advantage but not a requirement
- Experience of taking designs from concept to production
- Mechanical integration of electrical wiring and equipment
- All aspects of producing mechanical drawings and BOM’s
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £36K – £48K
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 37 ½ hour week