Working as part of a growing design team producing market-leading capital equipment for the Global SMT Industry. We have started a phase of rapid development of new products, these are all challenging and ambitious projects which require someone with drive and focus.
This position offers freedom of design and a great deal of input to the final product. We are looking for someone who can bring a fresh modern design mentality to product development and work well within a team.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Designing and modelling to meet customer’s requirements & technical specifications
- Selection and application of materials and manufacturing processes appropriate for design
- Producing Precision Manufacturing Drawings
- Producing and checking production build documentation
- Ensuring successful implementation of new design.
Personal Attributes of the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design /Engineering
- Experience in Mechanical Design, Electrical knowledge would be an advantage
- 3D CAD Modelling
- 3D CAD Stress Analysis
- Electrical CAD would be an advantage
- Software Skills required: Autodesk Inventor & Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to manage your own workload and work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working within a manufacturing company or similar is preferable.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: £28,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- This is a full time position
- Working Hours = 37
- 8:30 – 17.00 Mon to Thursday and 08.30 – 16.30 Friday
- Company contributory scheme
- Extra holiday scheme
- Life cover insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Parking
- 24 days leave – Holiday sacrifice scheme whereby up to six additional leave days can be purchased from the company & up to four days can be purchased by the company
- Based in Poole with occasional onsite support is a possibility, sometimes abroad.