This is the perfect chance for an enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer to join a world leading manufacturer!
Working within a team of approx. 20 Mechanical Design Engineers you will be responsible for the Design of mechanical systems involving high volume and high-quality design.
This brand-new opportunity offers an excellent salary of Circa £35K, together with great company benefits such as; progression, training, free parking, ½ day Fridays + much more, based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Design, detail and create bills of material within a team of predominantly mechanical engineers but liaising with other relevant teams to meet the specific requirements set.
- Most of the design work:
- involves adapting existing designs to suit customer requirements, although there is also some pure Research and Development;
- relates to high speed mechanical packaging machines and associated product handling systems;
- is project based, either working on own or as part of a team. However, there is also a requirement to perform unplanned ad-hoc design.
- relates to new systems, although it is also necessary to provide technical support for existing and future systems.
- is performed using Solidworks 3D.
- Radan 2D is used for legacy work.
Personal Attributes of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Experience with Solidworks OR inventor
- Experience of dynamic systems and mechanisms.
- Good technical mechanical understanding, which must include experience of dynamic systems and mechanisms.
- Computer literate
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – Circa £35K
- Hours = 37.5 per week – 08:00 to 17:00 hours Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 12:30 hours
- Pension scheme to which the Company contributes
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays (Pro Rata)
- Death in Service benefit (payable after qualifying period of one year). One times salary for 4 years from the 1st anniversary of employment. Two times salary thereafter.
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee during breaks and lunch
- Sodexo benefits scheme – childcare vouchers; cycle to work; discounts at various national supermarkets and stores; employee assistance program.