As an integral part of the production team, you will be required to manufacture parts to a high tolerance on part machined parts as well as raw materials, plus any other duties deemed appropriate by your supervisor/manager. You will also be expected to take an active role in the continuous improvement of quality, products and procedures within the purchasing department.
Working for a successful manufacturing company with a strong family feel, this brand-new Manual Turner role offers a friendly team environment, a salary of £27,500, 4-day week – NO FRIDAYS, free parking & flexible working hours + overtime available at 1.5 based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the Manual Turner:
- Working on a Centre Lathe on a daily basis
- Work as part of a small team that sees a great variety of components pass through the Machine shop
- To ensure safety and quality procedures are adhered to and assist in the improvement of processes
- Timely production of parts to pre-determined deadlines
- Produce work to the highest quality standard
- To ensure that at all times work is carried out to the highest standards, and in a timely manner, in accordance with company procedures
- To take an active role in company initiatives such as continuous improvement, quality initiatives and new manufacturing systems and processes as they are introduced
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies
- To carry out any other tasks requested within capability.
Personal Attributes of the Manual Turner:
- Ideally, the successful candidate will be a time served Engineer/Machinist/Toolmaker with a proven track record in the relevant industry
- Good teamwork and machining capability is essential to achieve the best results in a growing business
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Experienced in manual machining operations
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise your workload
- The ability to work as part of a team is important
- You should also be reliable, able to demonstrate enthusiasm, and a willingness to take on a variety of tasks, new methods, and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – £27,500
- 4-day week (Monday to Thursday only) No working Fridays
- Flexible working hours (9.5 hour days – you can choose your shift.
- Hours example: 5:30am till 3:30pm / 6am till 4pm / 7:30am am till 5.30pm
- Overtime available at 1.5
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- 190 hours holiday (holiday can be booked by the hour)