Are you an enthusiastic, flexible candidate looking for a new exciting varied role within a highly successful Engineering company? Have you recently completed an Engineering apprenticeship/qualification? OR – Do you have experience on Lathe/ Turning machines?
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a good work ethic who is willing to learn. This role comes with various responsibilities such as: Machining & Machine Maintenance / Fitting / Assembly / Welding / Production & some Electrical work. (Full training will be provided on all areas)
This is your chance to join a highly successful, forward thinking UK manufacture that offers a fantastic salary of £24 – £28K D.O.E along with full training and career development based in Verwood
Responsibilities of the Engineer:
- Provide manufacturing & tooling support to the engineering & production departments – Fitting,
- machining & assembly activities
- Maintenance & general housekeeping activities of the tool room machinery and ancillary equipment.
- (Responsible person in future state.)
- Provision of machinery maintenance / scheduling and support as required by the company.
- Capture & recording of all data related to the above responsibilities.
- Provide engineering support to ensure production activities and timelines are continuously met.
- Ensure all tool room machines are kept in good order, clean and tidy.
- Log all maintenance repairs & tasks captured (photos & written) during maintenance activities and
- record these into the FMP (Facilities Maintenance Programme).
- Support the company’s continuous improvement programme through improved operations & activities.
Skills & Characteristics of the Engineer:
- Recent qualification in Engineering
- Basic machining techniques (Turning highly preferred).
- Comprehensive understanding of H&S practices.
- IT proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel etc).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience with 3-phase electrics and pneumatic systems would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of electrical resistance welding would be beneficial
What’s in it for you?
- Salary = £24k – £28k
- Hours = Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:15pm, Friday 8am – 3pm
- Fantastic working environment
- Career progression opportunities
- Excellent training
- 28 days holiday
- Free Parking
REF: Engineer – Verwood