Are you qualified in Microbiology/Biotechnology/Chemistry? You do NOT want to miss this…
Working in a team of 3 Lab Technicians within the consumables department, you will to assist with Biological Indicator, Chemical Indicator and Peroxide Consumables production.
This amazing opportunity offers a fun team environment, structured career progression, salary up to £23k, Free parking + fantastic company benefits, based in Andover.
Responsibilities of the Lab Technician:
- Work to the required Quality Standards; assist with production of Biological/Chemical Indicators and Peroxide Consumables, including but not limited to:
Final product testing
- Work to be cross trained on all Laboratory tasks and Peroxide Consumables functions
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and assist in their improvement
- Ensure that Quality Control is maintained
- Assist with the maintenance of laboratory equipment including Calibrations and Preventative Maintenance
- Liaise with Purchasing to ensure accurate and correct stock levels are maintained
- Support the Consumables Manager with development projects/department investigations as required
- Ensure that all products produced are to allocated quantities and deadlines and are in compliance with the Quality Management System
- Adhere to all Health and Safety and Company policies and procedures
- Maintain daily product production to Company KPI’s
- Work with other team members to ensure efficient production of products
Characteristics & Skills of the Lab Technician:
- Microbiology/Biotechnology related degree
- Recent hands on laboratory experience
- Clear, concise written and oral communication.
- The ability to communicate complex scientific information to non-scientists.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – up to £23K + annual appraisal scheme and regular training programme
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:35am to 5:00pm & Fridays 8:30am to 3:45pm
- After 5 years’ service, holiday increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days.
- Birthday Bonanza – a day off on your birthday, or the nearest weekday in additional to your holiday entitlement.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme (employee 3% / employer 6%)
- SimplyHealth cash Plan
- Employee Assistant Programme
- 3x salary annual life assurance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Chance to work for a rapidly expanding and world-renowned engineering company.