Are you experienced 3rd Line Engineer? Do you have experience with both Hardware and Software? This is the perfect chance for a confident IT professional to become a Systems Engineer for a well-established, rapidly growing engineering company.
Working in a diverse team of System, Software & Hardware engineers, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and delivery for systems throughout the project/product life-cycle.
Working for a Global Engineering company, this opportunity offers a fantastic salary of up to £35K with progression opportunities, training, & Free Parking, based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the IT/Systems Engineer:
- Provide input and support to Business Development with pre-sales and tender enquiries
- Act as key technical interface to customers to gather and document specific requirements during internal and external meetings
- Capture requirements and produce complete system design documentation, including high-level functional specifications and software logic / data formats
- Oversee the development and delivery of both hardware and software for systems throughout the Project/Product development lifecycle
- Resolve technical issues during the project/product lifecycle
- Assist the Project/Product Manager and Solutions Architect in suggesting and reviewing design solutions
- Oversee the testing and quality assurance before delivery of the system, attending customer acceptance tests as required
- Prepare effort estimates and timescales for individual project activities
- Assist the Solutions Architect to manage a cross functional project team ensuring that each team member understands their role, the activities and deliverables expected from them
- Prepare verification and validation test plans
- Oversee the FAT and ensure the system leaves the factory in accordance with the requirements
- Oversee the handover of the project into Technical Support
- Assist the Solutions Architect to identify and mitigate technical issues and risks
- Assist hardware and software engineers implementing designs
- Supporting users on change control and systems updates
- Assume the role of ‘Product Owner’ under the Agile methodology for key elements of the project or product
Personal Attributes of the IT/Systems Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will have a background in IT including Software & Hardware.
- Experience working at 3rd Line level
- Excellent proven customer service skills and experience
- An understanding of relevant technologies would be beneficial, but not essential (e.g. RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Wired/Wireless Networking, TCP/IP, VPN, Mifare, NFC, ITSO)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint.
- A good I.T. background in networks, Firewalls, PC’s and peripherals
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – up to £35K
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 37 ½ hour week – Flexible working
- Permanent Position