Are you qualified within IT? Do you have experience with both Hardware and Software? This is the perfect chance for a confident IT professional to become a Systems Engineer for a well-established, rapidly growing engineering company.
Working alongside Solution Architects to capture requirements during internal/external meetings and produce system design documentation, including high-level functional specifications
Working for a Global Engineering company, this opportunity offers a fantastic salary of up to £32K with progression opportunities, training, & Free Parking, based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the IT/Systems Engineer:
- Working alongside Solution Architects to capture requirements during internal/external meetings and produce system design documentation, including high-level functional specifications
- Working alongside Solution Architects to suggest and reviewing design solutions
- Working alongside Product Owners to define/assign items for development within an Agile process throughout the development lifecycle
- Mitigation of technical issues identified during the product life cycle
- Verification and validation of test plans
- Generation of customer facing test documentation (Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests) and attending customer acceptance tests, as required
- Review and provide input into effort estimates and timescales for individual project activities
- Generation and/or review of system documentation into Customer Support teams
- Provide input and support to Business Development with pre-sales and tender enquiries
Personal Attributes of the IT/Systems Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of systems engineering and design
- Knowledge of embedded systems is a distinct advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skills and experience
- An understanding of relevant technologies would be beneficial, but not essential (e.g. RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Wired/Wireless Networking, TCP/IP, VPN, Mifare, NFC, ITSO)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- A good I.T. background in networks, Firewalls, PC’s and peripherals
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – up to £32K
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 37 ½ hour week
- Permanent Position