This is the perfect chance for an energetic, confident IT professional to join a busy Service Desk in a global Engineering company.
Working in a small team, you will be the first point of contact for employees (approx. 400 users). You will be responsible for taking, logging and resolving first and second line IT support issues together with getting involved in both IT support and technical projects.
This opportunity offers a flexible salary, progression opportunities, training, & Free Parking, based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Technician:
- To provide a high standard of 1st line IT support to our user base. (approx. 400 users)
- Resolve IT support helpdesk tickets and provide 1st line support.
- Take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
- Provide remote support to employees in across 5 sites.
- Provide regular on-site visits to help support our user base.
- Install and configure new client machines (build and deployment)
- Assist the IT Team with User Administration, IT Asset Management, Desk relocations.
- Manage server permissions and employee access levels.
- Ensure software and security updates are applied.
- Create Exchange mailboxes, mail groups and access rights.
- Communicate to internal departments regarding maintenance schedules.
Personal Attributes of the IT Support Technician:
- The ideal candidate will have a background in IT support and good knowledge of Microsoft systems.
- Proven experience in a 1st Line / Helpdesk / Desktop support role
- Hands on support experience in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic and technical issues.
- Gmail experience advantageous
- Full UK Drivers Licence
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – Flexibe
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 37 ½ hour week.
- Permanent Position