Do you have qualifications or work experience within an IT environment? Do you have strong Customer Service skills?
Working in a fun, dynamic team of 16; you will be the first point of contact for customers. Responsible for monitoring the first line queue for new incidents and requests, troubleshoot problems and advise on appropriate action.
This brand-new opportunity offers a generous salary of £18 – £21K, structured progression opportunities, training & certifications, fantastic team atmosphere, free parking + excellent benefits – based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the 1st Line Support:
- To receive, log, prioritise, allocate and resolve Service Desk/Remote Managed Service alerts/calls by or support request from internal and external customers.
- To resolve as many calls as possible on first point of contact or escalate to 2nd and 3rd line within agreed timescales
- To handle and process all calls in line with the defined Service Level Agreements, and current Customer Service procedure
- To effectively utilise all Service Desk/Remote Management tools, reference materials, and other resources including other Customer Service’s staff (in-house or on-site) to aid problem research & resolution.
- To liaise with software & hardware vendors, our service partners and third-party companies to obtain product information, resolve technical issues, or request service from them relating to logged calls.
- Keep end user and customer advised as to progress of their call and the appropriate action that will be taken to resolve their issue.
- Cover all working shifts required to provide cover the working day as required by Service Desk Manager.
- To keep all customer documentation up to date and keep the Service Desk informed of any changes
- To pro-actively communicate issues to the customer and the Service Desk
Skills & Characteristics of the 1st Line Support;
- Related IT education and/or experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- You must have excellent customer service skills
- Be able to consistently adhere to internal and customer processes
- Problem analysis skills
- Be adaptable to take on additional shifts or change your shift to meet the needs of the department
- Plan and organize calls allocated to yourself
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure
- Undertake a DBS check
Whats in it for you?
- Salary circa – £18 – £21K
- Monday – Friday SHIFT PATTERN 8:00am – 10:00pm + 1 in 5 weekends (7am til 5pm)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career opportunities
- Access to further training
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in service – 4x salary
- Pension – match up to 3%
- Bonus Scheme – TBC
- Employer sponsored volunteering
- Eye tests
REF: IT – 1st Line – HelpDesk – Support – Poole