This is the perfect chance for an experienced IT Support professional who is looking for a varied role covering Hardware/Infrastructure/Software for a market leading manufacturing company. This role would suit a self starter with drive & initiative, looking to develop their existing skills set. You will the primary point of contact for staff at two production centres with any IT support issue. In addition, you will also be maintaining existing hardware and software systems and be responsible for commissioning new equipment
Working for a vibrant & growing company, this opportunity offers a highly competitive salary of circa £25K, Career Progression & Free Parking– Based in Sturminster Newton.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer;
- Handling & logging phone, e-mail and face to face support requests.
- Prioritising requests in order of severity and impact on the business.
- Investigation of problems leading either to resolution or to enable one of our in-house developers or third-party software suppliers to resolve software issues.
- Assist with the “on boarding” of new employees by creating user accounts, setting up computers, laptops, telephones and desk areas with everything the person needs when they start work.
- Setting up of new desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones & tablet devices.
- Reconfiguration of existing computer equipment with updated operating systems. Documenting procedures and short user guides to answer frequently asked questions and store these in a methodical way within the company’s intranet.
- Carrying out of regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance duties.
- Regular travel between our two production centres at Sturminster Newton & Buckland Newton for which a pool vehicle will be provided.
- Occasional travel to our head office in Reading, Berkshire for training & meetings with other members of the IT team
- Using and administering Linux server operating systems.
- Working alongside our Software developer supporting with various tasks when required
- Supporting with Software issues on plant machinery
Personal Attributes of the IT Support Engineer;
- Be a natural problem solver and have the initiative to assess requirements, troubleshoot, investigate and search for solutions.
- Be experienced using and administering Linux server operating systems, ideally with working knowledge of logical volume management, Xen virtualisation and MySQL databases.
- Have experience using and administering Windows server operating systems ranging from Windows Server 2008 through to Windows Server 2016.
- Be experienced with Microsoft software including the installation and maintenance of client operating systems ranging from Windows 7 to Windows 10 along with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Have experience establishing, maintaining and fault diagnosing connectivity issues on both wired and wireless networks.
- Be at ease working with hardware, with the confidence to assemble, repair and upgrade computers and servers.
- Have a full driving license to enable local travel between our two production centres.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary Circa £25k
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing, leading manufacturer
- Very varied role
- Career progression
- Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 5.00pm, Fri 8:00am – 2:00pm