This is the prefect chance for an energetic, confident, IT support Engineer to join a busy, helpdesk within a leading UK IT Service provider.
Working in a fun, dynamic team of 7, you will be the point of contact for Customers and be responsible for 1st/2nd Line issues of Cisco Communications Manager, IP Telephony systems, Microsoft SfB and associated third party applications such as presence, unified messaging, contact centre, voice recording etc.
This brand-new opportunity offers a generous salary of £25- 30K, progression opportunities, training & certifications, fantastic team atmosphere, free parking – based in Reading.
Responsibilities of the Senior IT Support Engineer:
- Provide Office based support activities to customer base.
- Troubleshoot IP Telephony related faults and restore service within defined SLA’s.
- Work on complex issues escalated from Tier 1 and 2 level.
- Assist and develop the creation and maintenance of customer reporting.
- Build solid working relationship with key customers and act as a key engineer.
- Document and share processes and procedures with the team.
- Highlight potential problems and take a pro-active approach.
- Manage communication and call logging with third parties and manufacturer TAC.
- Maintain accurate records of customer communication and progress in the call logging system.
- Occasionally attend customer sites to perform troubleshooting of Unified Communications systems and associated applications, when remote support is not suitable or has been exhausted.
- FULL JD AVAILABLE
Personal Attributes of the Senior IT Support Engineer:
- Min 1 years exp within an IT support role
- Hardworking, flexible and enthusiastic, team player
- Genuine interest in Integrated Communications and the benefits this technology brings.
- Good organisational skills and discipline in carrying out activities using and following department systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of Cisco a distinct advantage but not a requirement
Whats in it for you?
- Salary £25 – £30K
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career opportunties
- Access to further training
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in service – 4x salary
- Pension – match up to 3%
- Bonus Scheme – TBC
- Dress down Fridays
- Employer sponsored volunteering
- Eye tests