IT Support Engineer – Circa £20K
This is the perfect chance for an experienced IT Support professional who is looking for a varied role covering Hardware/Infrastructure/Software for a market leading manufacturing company. This role would suit a self starter with drive & initiative, looking to develop their existing skills set. You will the primary point of contact for staff at various sites with any IT support issue. In addition, you will also be maintaining existing hardware and software systems and be responsible for commissioning new equipment
Working for a vibrant & growing company, this opportunity offers a highly competitive salary of circa £20K, Career Progression & Free Parking– Based in Winnersh, Reading.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer;
- Handling & logging phone, e-mail and face to face support requests.
- Prioritising requests in order of severity and impact on the business.
- Investigation of problems leading either to resolution or to enable one of our in-house developers or third-party software suppliers to resolve software issues.
- Assist with the “on boarding” of new employees by creating user accounts, setting up computers, laptops, telephones and desk areas with everything the person needs when they start work.
- Keeping track of our IT inventory, identify when new equipment is required & work with our suppliers to ensure that new equipment is sourced in a timely fashion.
- Setting up of new desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones & tablet devices.
- Reconfiguration of existing computer equipment with updated operating systems.
- Installation & upgrading of software from different suppliers including Microsoft & Autodesk.
- Documenting procedures and short user guides to answer frequently asked questions and store these in a methodical way within the company’s intranet.
- Carrying out of regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance duties.
- Occasional travel to other offices around the UK to undertake support duties at these sites for which a pool car will be provided.
Personal Attributes of the IT Support Engineer;
- Have a willingness to learn on the job.
- Demonstrate familiarity with common IT terminology and equipment.
- Be familiar with Microsoft software including operating systems ranging from Windows XP right through to Windows 10 along with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Have some experience networking computers (whether at home or in business) and the concept of sharing resources (storage, printers etc.) between machines within that network.
- An understanding of the role server machines play in the formation of a business computer system, the Windows operating systems which run on these machines and the kinds of maintenance activities which might need to be undertaken.
- Be at ease working with technology and have confidence connecting equipment and carrying out routine hardware upgrades such as installing memory, replacing hard disks etc.
- Have great communication skills to delivery friendly customer service face to face, over the phone or via e-mail to all employees.
- Be a good problem solver and have the initiative to troubleshoot, investigate problems and search for solutions.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary Circa £20k
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing, leading manufacturer
- Very varied role
- Career progression
- Mon – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm