Do you have knowledge/experience with Windows Servers together with an understanding of VMware?
Working for a prestigious IT Service provider, you will be responsible for supporting Infrastructure alongside a team of 3 highly skilled IT Engineers. This role will predominately involve building & configuring virtual & physical servers.
This brand-new opportunity offers a generous salary of £25 – £33K, progression opportunities, training & certifications, fantastic team atmosphere, free parking + excellent benefits – based in Swindon.
Responsibilities of the IT Engineer:
- Supporting the building and configuring of virtual and physical servers, maintaining existing infrastructure, administering and configuring various applications.
- Supporting the Installation and configuration of VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers.
- Day to day administration (back-ups, patching, monitoring) of VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers (2008-2016).
- Installing and maintaining server hardware.
- Use the in house ServiceNow solution for tracking work programs.
- Able to produce clear documentation, maintain and update existing documents ensuring they are up to date.
- Be part of the on-call rota (1 week per month) approx.
- FULL JD AVAILABLE
Skills & Characteristics of the IT Engineer;
- Knowledge of Windows Servers
- Resolve queries and recommend solutions regarding the use, configuration, interoperability and problems with supported products
- Perform services to audit and analyse infrastructures and performance checking, including documenting findings
- Escalate and progress problems with manufacturers where required to effect fast resolution of reported problems
- The ideal candidate needs to be enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible
- Full driving licence required to visit other UK sites when required.
Whats in it for you?
- Salary circa – £25K – £33K
- Monday – Friday 8:15am – 5:00pm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career opportunties
- Access to further training
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in service – 4x salary
- Pension – match up to 3%
- Bonus Scheme – TBC
- Employer sponsored volunteering
- Eye tests
REF: IT – Server – Engineer – Swindon