IT Engineer (Onsite) – £30 – £33K
Do you have experience with Servers, Networks & Desktop support? Would you like to work onsite in a large corporate organization supporting over 1200 staff?
Working for a leading UK IT Service provider, onsite at their client’s site in Swindon, you will be responsible for providing installation, integration and support services in the area of Infrastructure within a team of 4 other engineers. The role will predominately involve working with and implementing IT infrastructure equipment such as network appliances, servers and desktop devices.
This brand-new opportunity offers a generous salary of up to £33K, progression opportunities, training & certifications, fantastic team atmosphere, free parking – based in Swindon.
Responsibilities of the IT Engineer (Onsite):
- Installing and configuring VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers.
- Day to day administration (back-ups, patching, monitoring) of VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers (2008-2016).
- Configuration and administration of File Servers, Print Servers, MS SQL, IIS and application servers for in house applications.
- End user desktop support.
- Support for Cisco LAN equipment.
- Installing and maintaining server and network hardware [SAN, server hardware, switches, routers, UPS].
- Use the in house ServiceNow solution for tracking work programs.
- Able to produce clear documentation, maintain and update existing documents ensuring they are up to date.
- Maintain Connectivity Information Security
- Follow company procedures.
- Demonstrate a strong technical understanding across Server, Desktop and LAN infrastructure.
- Provide advice and consultancy to the team and staff as required
- To continue to pursue self-development through study and practice
- Will be required to work outside of core working hours as necessary.
- Be part of the on-call rota (1 week per month) approx.
- FULL JD AVAILABLE
Personal Attributes of the IT Engineer (Onsite):
- Work as part of a multidiscipline team
- Extensive knowledge installing, configuring and managing Windows Servers
- Experience supporting end users for desktop support
- Experience installing, configuring and managing Cisco equipment on a LAN
- Pre-configure equipment to documented specifications and prepare for installation on site or shipping to other sites.
- Perform onsite or remote installation for pre-prepared equipment.
- Resolve queries and recommend solutions regarding the use, configuration, interoperability and problems with supported products
- Perform services to audit and analyse infrastructures and performance checking, including documenting findings
- Maintain a high level of oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with managers and colleagues.
- Escalate and progress problems with manufacturers where required to effect fast resolution of reported problems
- Full driving licence required to visit other UK site when required.
Whats in it for you?
- Salary £30K – £33K
- Monday – Friday 8:15am – 5:00pm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career opportunties
- Access to further training
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance