Do you have experience with Windows Server 2008 to 2016, VMware and Windows 7 to 10? Would you like to work onsite in a large corporate organisation supporting over 1200 staff?
Working for a leading UK IT Service provider, onsite at their client’s site in Swindon, you will be responsible for providing installation, integration and support services in the area of Infrastructure within a team of 4 other IT engineers. The role will predominately involve working with and implementing server infrastructure equipment together with supporting desktop rollout.
This brand-new opportunity offers a generous salary of circa £35K, progression opportunities, training & certifications, fantastic team atmosphere, free parking – based in Swindon.
Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer (Onsite):
- building and configuring virtual and physical servers, maintaining existing infrastructure, administering and configuring various applications.
- Installing and configuring VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers.
- Day to day administration (back-ups, patching, monitoring) of VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers (2008-2016).
- Configuration and administration of File Servers, Print Servers, MS SQL, IIS and application servers for in house applications.
- Experience with end user desktop support.
- Working network knowledge.
- Installing and maintaining server hardware.
- Use the in house ServiceNow solution for tracking work programs.
- Able to produce clear documentation, maintain and update existing documents ensuring they are up to date.
- Be part of the on-call rota (1 week per month) approx.
- FULL JD AVAILABLE
Skills & Characteristics of the Infrastructure Engineer (Onsite):
- Extensive knowledge installing, configuring and managing Windows Servers
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 to 2016, VMware and windows 7 to 10
- Pre-configure equipment to documented specifications and prepare for installation on site or shipping to other sites.
- Perform onsite or remote installation for pre-prepared equipment.
- Resolve queries and recommend solutions regarding the use, configuration, interoperability and problems with supported products
- Perform services to audit and analyse infrastructures and performance checking, including documenting findings
- Experience with desktop rollout
- Experience with Server rollout
- Escalate and progress problems with manufacturers where required to effect fast resolution of reported problems
- The ideal candidate needs to be enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible
- Full driving licence required to visit other UK sites when required.
Whats in it for you?
- Salary circa – £35K
- Monday – Friday 8:15am – 5:00pm
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career opportunties
- Access to further training
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in service – 4x salary
- Pension – match up to 3%
- Bonus Scheme – TBC
- Employer sponsored volunteering
- Eye tests
REF: Infrastructure Engineer – Swindon