Are you an experienced/qualified Graphic Designer? Do you want to join a highly creative team producing new product & packaging designs? This fantastic opportunity offers diversity, a dynamic working environment, competitive salary and career progression, based in Wimborne.
The responsibilities of the Graphic Designer:
- Research, present, brand and produce high standard designs for product, packaging and marketing materials. As part of this you will be required to work within the parameters of style guides provided by licensed brands as well as produce style guides for in-house designs.
- You will be expected to see a project through from brief stage right through to completion and as part of this you will be expected to liaise with suppliers on product design requirements and provide print-ready artwork.
- You will also be required to self-critique throughout the design process, working closely with both senior designers and product management.
Personal Attributes of the Graphic Designer:
- Comprehensive experience in both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is essential (with the emphasis on Illustrator)
- A proven track record within the design industry (which includes graphic design, textiles design, print design)
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand target audiences
- A creative insight into product, packaging and brand design
- Experience in creating pattern and working with repeat designs would be advantageous, as would an interest in arts and crafts
- Experience with working with licensed artwork would also be advantageous but not essential
- A willingness to go the extra mile
- An enthusiastic and driven team player
- A flexible approach to getting the job done
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- A creative eye and the ability to think outside of the box
What’s in it for you?
- Salary up to £24K
- 9 month contract initially which may be extended
- Mon – Thurs 9.00am– 5.15pm Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Free Parking
- Pension Contributions
- Creative, flexible working environment