Do you have high levels of energy, coupled with an enthusiastic, motivated and positive approach to technology? Do you have knowledge of Telecoms networking components, VoIP, Linux operating systems?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a highly successful, team-orientated and motivated company in a branch of Telecommunications that is modern and flourishing.
Working in a team of 7 Telecom specialist’s, you will be responsible for Troubleshooting/solving technical problems, software patching, diagnostic testing & assisting Senior Engineers.
This fantastic opportunity offers a competitive salary of circa £25K, training, structured career progression, regular pay reviews + much more, based in Dorchester (easily accessible by Train / Bus)
Get in touch today to find out more!!
Responsibilities of the Graduate Telecoms Engineer:
- Troubleshooting/Solving technical problems and investigating escalated issues.
- Reviewing/Resolving support cases.
- Deployment of specialised troubleshooting solutions to help ensure the intricacies of a challenging issue is captured. This may include, but is not limited to, software patching, diagnostic testing, and the use of remote control tools used to access the user’s machine for the purpose of troubleshooting and finding a solution to the problem.
- Internal and Customer support documentation.
- Assisting Senior Engineers with associated support tasks.
- Provide Front Desk support when required.
Skills & Characteristics of the Graduate Telecoms Engineer:
- Relevant Degree (or equivalent)
- Team orientated as well as open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Pro-active and conscientious with excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must also be pro-active, conscientious and able to handle the conflicting priorities within a busy customer focused environment.
- Desirable: Experience in telecoms with an understanding of SIP, SS7 (ISUP+SCCP), SMS.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary – circa £25K (depending on experience)
- Regular team building activities/ team outings / pub lunch
- Employee specific personal development plan
- Regular review of performance and pay
- Career growth opportunities within the company, commencing within Support, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to progress into other technical streams, such as Installations, Software Testing, Software Engineering
- Holiday = 20 days + bank holidays
- Monday – Friday (9am – 5:30am)
- Permanent position
- Based in Dorchester – easily accessible by Train / Bus