As the General Operator/ Driver you will be responsible for dispensing metal working fluids throughout the machine shop and maintain bacterial control; To make local and long distant deliveries and collections using company transport.
Working for a successful manufacturing company with a strong family feel, this brand-new General Operator/ Driver role offers a friendly team environment, salary of up to £20k, 4-day week – NO FRIDAYS, Free Parking & flexible working hours+ over time available at 1.5- Based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the General Operator/ Driver:
- As required dispense the appropriate metal working fluids to machinery within the machine shop
- Monitor, control and maintain the bacterial levels of each machine’s sump in accordance with the company procedure
- Ensure the appropriate level of stock consumables is maintained
- As required to make local and long distant collections and deliveries using the company transport
- Conduct weekly checks of the company vehicles in accordance with the company procedure
- From time to time, to take on roles and responsibilities as reasonably required for the immediate needs of the company
- Ensure that all work carried out complies with company regulations and procedures, as well as company and external health and safety requirements and best practice.
Personal Attributes of the General Operator/ Driver:
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
- The desire to produce a quality product
- A good eye and attention to detail
- A minimum of one year’s driving experience
- Previous experience of working in a machine shop environment
- Computer literate.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – £21k
- 4-day week (Monday to Thursday only) No working Fridays
- Flexible working hours (9.5 hour days – you can choose your shift
- Hour’s example: 5:30am till 3:30pm / 6am till 4pm / 7:30am am till 30pm (NO FRIDAYS OR WEEKENDS)
- Overtime available at 5
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- 190 hours holiday (holiday can be booked by the hour)