Do you want to work for a highly successful, forward-thinking Manufacturing company? Would you like to work just 4 days per week and have Fridays off? If you are an enthusiastic and driven individual with experience of maintaining CNC machines, together with an outstanding work ethic, please APPLY TODAY!
As an integral part of the facilities team, you will provide pro-active and re-active support to the routine and preventative maintenance requirements for machinery, plant & equipment, and buildings and provide key support for installations of new equipment and or processes.
Working for a successful manufacturing company with a strong family feel, this brand- Maintenance Engineer role offers a friendly team environment, a salary of £34K (neg) , 4-day week – NO FRIDAYS, free parking & flexible working hours + over time available at 1.5 based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer:
- Responding immediately to urgent machine / equipment breakdowns
- Maintain and service all machinery / plant / equipment from programmed schedules
- Troubleshoot and rectify faults in a wide variety of situations
- Execute other property / facilities / maintenance duties as required including and not restricted to lighting, heating & ventilation, and plumbing services
- Provide support for new installations and or new processes
- Maintain a record for each machine and or equipment to produce an accurate machine service history
- Control and maintain stock levels of necessary machine spares and consumable items
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with health and safety requirements as laid down by the company and by external bodies
- To take an active role in company initiatives such as continuous improvement, quality initiatives and new manufacturing systems and processes as they are introduced.
Personal Attributes of the Maintenance Engineer:
- A formal engineering apprenticeship and or the relevant experience in a similar role is essential
- This is a hands-on job, and it is essential to be able to demonstrate engineering skills to technician level and or higher
- It is desirable to hold a Cherry Picker and/or Forklift Truck license
- Ability to work to strict regimes and deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Reliability as early starts, or late finishes may be required and trustworthy
- Flexible approach to deal with changing work environment and occasional extended / unsociable working hours to complete the task
- This can be a physically demanding role where there is frequent requirement walking, use of hands, reaching with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move objects heavy objects.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer –£34K (Neg)
- 4-day week (Monday to Thursday only) No working Fridays or weekends
- Flexible working hours (9.5-hour days – you can choose your shift.
- Hour’s example: 5:30am till 3:30pm / 6am till 4pm / 7:30am am till 5.30pm
- Overtime available at 1.5
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- 190 hours holiday (holiday can be booked by the hour)