Fixed term contract (14 months) Circa £42k
Do you have outstanding people management skills & experience in International Export / Shipping / Freight? Are you familiar with Trade Compliance, export licensing & shipping of dangerous goods?
Working for an extremely successful, reputable manufacturing company who engineer high quality products for the military sector; this role involves managing a competent, friendly team of 5, shipping to over 65 countries, covering 140 orders per month, ranging from ½ kilo to 3 tonnes.
This is 14 month fixed term contract is offering: Start date of January (flexible), Negotiable salary (depending on experience), free parking & flexi-time!!! Please apply now to find out more…
Responsibilities of the Export Manager:
- To manage the administration of customer contracts and process orders received by the company
- To manage the UK and International logistics, generating customer invoices and shipping documents on an as required basis in line with company forecasts for sales revenue – and to maintain contact with selected Freight Forwarders with the view of minimising transport costs
- To manage the despatch team and ensure timely packing and processing of Sales Orders for shipment.
- To liaise with BIS to obtain necessary Export Licenses and authorisations for the movement of Military Goods and Technology and determine where export control procedures apply. All requirements of UK & EC customs and Excise to be monitored and controlled
- Named Security Controller for the business, ensuring awareness and compliance to company policy.
- Liaise and correspond with Company Bankers and Customer nominated Banks to ensure that Guarantees and Bonds, Letters of Credit and any other financial or documentary requirements are firmly in place to ensure payments are obtained on time
- Establish credit worthiness of customers and assist the Accounts Department with seeking timely payments to maximise cash flow
Personal Attributes of the Export Manager:
- Export and Shipping knowledge and understanding
- Trade compliance & setting up Internal Export Compliance Programmes
- Strong People Management skills, able to drive a team forward
- Understanding and working with legal terms & conditions
- Managing export of Dangerous Goods
- Bank Guarantees and Letters of Credit