Do you want to work for a highly successful, forward thinking engineering company? Are you an enthusiastic and driven individual with an outstanding work ethic keen to train within an engineering environment? Would you like to work just 4 days per week and have Friday’s off?
Working in a team of 40 on the shop floor, you will work alongside 2 other Turners who will provide full training & support on the manual lathes to produce precision components at the highest possible standard.
Working for a successful manufacturing company with a strong family feel, this Manual Turner opportunity offers a friendly team environment, salary of up to £21k for 4-day week with Fridays off, Free Parking & flexible working hours– Based in Ferndown.
Responsibilities of the Trainee Manual Turner;
- Operating a Manual Lathe
- Reading off engineering drawings
- Use various machine shop equipment
- Working to high tolerances on precision components
- Use of Precision measuring equipment to ensure consistency and quality are maintained.
- Regularly maintaining records of work flow
- Producing components accurately to drawing tolerances and specifications
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Inspecting materials and finished products
- Responsible for manufacturing one-off and small batch components
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works well on own initiative
Skills & Characteristics of the Trainee Manual Turner;
- Passion for Engineering
- Keen to start/build a career in Engineering
- Strong Practical Skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary on offer – £18k – £21k D.O.E
- Flexible working hours (38-hour week)
- 4-day week (Monday to Thursday only)
- Core Hours: 7.30am till 3:30pm
- No working Fridays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Parking
- 190 hours holiday (holiday can be booked by the hour)
- Option to buy additional holiday
REF: Manual Turner – Engineering – Ferndown – Poole