Are you highly skilled with Azure, AWS & Cloud? Are you an expert in the platform development domain?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer who can lead our client through successful cloud migrations.
Working alongside the Service Delivery Manager you will follow the platform from design phase all the way through to the live platform.
This brand-new opportunity offers a salary of £50K – £60K D.O.E, progression opportunities, fantastic team atmosphere, Free Parking – based in Poole.
Responsibilities of the AWS/Azure/Cloud Engineer:
- Own the cloud Infrastructure from design through to deployment and operation.
- Be the local expert and evangelist on IaC, promoting through all teams.
- Be responsible for the reliability of the SaaS platform that will be our main growth area.
- Work with various project stakeholders to ensure that all requirements are understood and fed into a single product view.
- Work with architects and engineering to ensure that the system (platform and software) adheres to the qualities as stated in the architectural description.
- Work with various teams to ensure that the CI/CD pipeline for IaC works as seamlessly as the code pipeline.
- Work closely with the UK Engineering and Product teams to provide an operational voice being present throughout the lifecycle.
- Be a key participant into the DevOps working group
- Proactively seeking to enhance DevOps culture by removing silos between traditional functional teams
- Work closely with the software and architecture teams to collaboratively define patterns for software which work with the stated platform to achieve required system qualities.
Personal Attributes of the AWS/Azure/Cloud Engineer:
- Have proven experience building highly available, reliable cloud solutions which support enterprise applications.
- You should have experience of best practices in terms of abstractions so that the primary focus shall be on a SaaS offering, but deployments can still be made locally for those customers who have a requirement to do so.
- Have experience of securely connecting to physical devices which are deployed around the world.
- Strong candidates will have experience of how to craft environments that support good practices for the development team such as auto scaling, blue green deployments, auto failover etc
- Knowledge of tools and practices to ensure that the platform is up to date in terms of security patching and CVE monitoring.
- Securing multi tenanted cloud environments, including integrations to multiple on-premise locations.
- Ideally be certified against at least one cloud provider.
- Ideally have experience of multiple regional deployments to facilitate data residency requirements
- In depth knowledge of cloud architecture patterns and principles (e.g. Microservices, 12 Factor app, Enterprise integration Patterns) and best practice
- Be an expert in at least one cloud provider and its associated IaC scripting language (this can include Terraforn)
- Docker orchestration tools; Kubernetes, Helm, Tiller
- Monitoring solutions for cloud environments, to proactively alert operations on unusual situations
- Provisioning tools such as Ansible
- Service Discovery; Consul, Vault etc
- Excellent time management and working to deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- Salary – £50K – £60K
- Free parking
- Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Friendly/sociable working environment
- Hours are 37 ½ hour week