Copywriter – up to £22K
Do you have a relevant qualification in writing/communications/marketing/media/PR? Do you have strong copywriting skills? This is a great time to join a leading creative manufacturer, retailer & wholesaler for prestigious worldwide brands.
Working in a rapidly expanding, passionate, team of 8 within the Marketing Department, you will be responsible for all printed and digital editorial produced by the Marketing Team such as magazines, consumer booklet, core catalogue, trade catalogue, flyers, press releases, emails, blog, web graphics, consumer and trade website. Writing punchy and clever, error-free copy, critique and proof their own writing with a keen interest in new trends.
This brand-new position offers a creative, fun team environment, paying up to £22K with free parking – based in Verwood.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Copywriter:
- Writing raw copy for publications and press releases.
- Subbing and proof-reading all marketing content; to ensure it is error-free and consistent with the Marketing Team’s editorial style guide.
- Fact-checking copy in every piece of literature we produce, including prices, descriptions and product codes. This should take place at the initial raw Word text document stage, V1 in InDesign, V2 InDesign, PDF stage.
- Being a point of contact for all licensed content and ensuring all changes and feedback are actioned before work is published
- Collating print specification and quantity requirements and liaising with external partners for printing quotes.
- Co-ordinating all step content: from proofing the project how-to instructions to be the ‘hands’ explaining how to do the pre-made steps in photography or where necessary
- Co-ordinating translations, as and when required
- Maintaining the Marketing team’s editorial style guide, whilst providing editorial feedback and guidance to all team members, as and when required
- Maintaining the Marketing schedule to ensure deadlines are set and achieved, and chasing any late copy
- Work with the Marketing Team to come up with themes for consumer publications and on-trend project ideas for print and digital that reflect new product launches and core product. Take ownership of this process through detailed excel spreadsheets and the organisation of team meetings.
- Write and commission all project briefs in accordance with the InDesign template. Send the relevant product samples as agreed in the brief to freelancers, provide detailed feedback and ensure content is received on time and to specification.
- Liaise with the Product Team to ensure the timely arrival of product samples for commissioning
- In control of the commissioning budget, filing of freelancer invoices, the additional pay document and sending it to accounts by the agreed deadline.
- Assist in collating content for press and any other publications
Personal Attributes of the Marketing Copywriter:
- Degree educated or equivalent (PR, Media, Journalism, Marketing discipline)
- Great organisation skills, excellent time management and ability to structure own time and workload
- An enthusiastic and driven team player
- A flexible attitude and responsive to change
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe InDesign an advantage
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary of up to £22K D.O.E
- Mon – Thurs 9.00am– 5.15pm Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Team nights out
- Free Parking
- 28 days Holiday (inc bank holidays)
- Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
- Creative, flexible working environment